Sunday 15 November 2015

Out of This World!

Kelly Holinshead has curated an exhibition of work by local artists for the Canada Summit Centre, Huntsville, opening Thursday November 19, 2015.  The theme that artists were encouraged to interpret very broadly is "Out of This World".
I had been incubating an idea for over a year, and decided this was my motivation to get it out of my head and into glass.
Jacob's Ladder


“Jacob dreamed that there was a ladder set up on the earth, the top of it reaching to heaven; and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.”
Genesis 28:12


Imagine Jacob’s dream ladder resting on the Precambrian rock of Muskoka, linking heaven and earth.  Literally, "out of this world"...
I'm excited to see the other pieces in this exhibition, and I hope you have a chance to see it too.  The show can be viewed any time the Canada Summit Centre is open, until mid-February.  The opening reception is November 19 from 5-7pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment