Thursday 18 July 2024

Remembering a Special Commission, a Treasured Experience.

An image stirred a memory as I was browsing my computer recently.
In 2017, the Huntsville Festival of the Arts approached Brenda Wainman Goulet to design and make several special “Recognition Awards” for folks who had contributed to the Festival in different ways. She reached out to me with an idea for a joint commission; her sculpture and my glass, together! Brenda envisioned a way for our talents and skills to work together. She designed and cast the “Trees and Rocks” base, and I made glass inserts depicting the Northern Lights, with a musical note embossed on the reverse side, that would subtly appear in certain lighting conditions. Brenda was a founding member of Artists of the Limberlost, and her spirit, energy and leadership are greatly missed. I'm grateful that she invited me to share this project with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment